Highlighting how your brand is different from competitors and why it should be the brand to choose
You have probably been in this situation before.
- You need to demonstrate that your offering is different from that of competitors. This is essential to demonstrating value and getting sales.
- But it is often not easy in a commoditized environment where everyone seems to be offering the same thing.
We have had extensive experience across multiple industries and brands doing this over a 20-year period.
- We can take you through a process of identifying what makes your business unique.
- Then we can offer suggestions on what needs to be communicated to demonstrate this uniqueness.
We are able to help you identify and understand opportunities to do this, irrespective of whether you are a product or services business.
In addition to communications strategy, our related experience across various other strategy disciplines, including process strategies, pricing strategy, and channel strategy assist us to identify opportunities that may have been missed.
We are available to do this via hourly online consultations.
Just contact us if you are interested.
Our experience in this area
- We have worked on over 70 global and local B2C and B2B brands over a period of over 20 years.
- Clients have included Fortune 500 companies, as well as global advertising agencies and media agencies.
- Areas of expertise include communications strategy, brand strategy, research, and analytics.
- In addition our related experience across various other strategy disciplines include pricing strategy and channel strategy to ensure coherence with any brand strategies developed. (See our LinkedIn articles in this regard.)
- We have written strategies or have been consulted to understand how a client’s strategy might benefit from a change in direction.
- This experience has been invaluable in terms of understanding what is likely to work. Equally importantly, it has helped us identify what is likely to fail.
Some of the Industries where clients have used our services
Consumer Durable Goods
Packaged Consumer Goods
Importing & Distribution
Some of our thinking
The Value of Developing a Call to ActionWhy should you have a call to action? Is a call to action just about generating a sale? Let’s start off by defining a call to action (CTA).According to Wikipedia, a CTA “refers to any device designed to prompt an immediate response or encourage an immediate sale. A CTA most […]
The importance of developing an understanding of your brand, product or service What are the attributes you wish to communicate about your product, service or brand? Once you know what these are, and how they are unique, it becomes necessary to have a sense of where gaps exist in terms of what your target market understands about your […]
The importance of creating and maintaining awareness You can’t expect someone to be your customer if they do not know about you. Therefore creating awareness of your brand, product or service is essential. This facilitates the early stages of a sufficiently large pool of prospective customers who you can talk to for purposes of a sale, […]
Background Anyone who has done Economics 101 will have seen a demand curve with price on the one axis and demand on the other. The principle is to demonstrate that demand declines as price increases, except in some unusual circumstances. Along the way you will have learned that price elasticity is an indicator of exactly […]
Background Do profitability and market share not always come together, you may ask? To some people this question is heresy. To others it is simply obvious. The reason for this is that most business people have been brought up to believe that market share needs to be grown constantly, even if prices need to be […]
Background Pricing is possibly the biggest profitability lever in your business! At first glance this finding is often surprising. We know that pricing affects competitiveness and overall profitability. Yet, shrewd pricing can often be the fastest way to improving growth and profitability. This is because the mechanisms around pricing need not necessarily require other complicated […]
Background Although a client may leave you for a variety of reasons, we generally find that there are two key drivers of defection that a pricing strategy can address. The first is when clients feel they are not getting value for money. The second, more worryingly, is when they actually feel that they have been cheated […]
Background Successfully integrating pricing strategy and communications strategy relies on a focus on two broad areas: How do we make ourselves look attractive to prospective customers so they will buy our products and services? How do we make current customers like us enough so they will continue buying our products and services and speak favourably […]