Have less anxiety about not getting new clients due to a lack of trust – Online workshop
DOES THIS SITUATION SEEM FAMILIAR TO YOU?
- “We thought we were doing everything right. But, we are not getting sign-ups.”
- “Prospective new clients do not trust us enough to buy from us. And more people are suspicious of fake reviews, so reviews don’t seem to be the only solution.”
- “Our business cannot grow at the rate we need it to grow. What else can we do to build trust?”
Highlights of the discussion about the 2-hour workshop (10 minutes)
Here’s the problem you face
Most of the time, you start by covering the obvious trust issues in your messaging. Like your friendly service, or your reliability, or your quality. All the normal things you and your competitors in your category might do.
- You might link to your social media pages and other reviews to build credibility.
- You might talk about how long you’ve been in business.
- You might list some clients.
Then you think you’re done!
But clients cannot easily see why you’re trustworthy. They may not even think you’re trustworthy because they’re cynical. They know that everyone makes similar claims, and they’ve heard it all before.
- After that, it’s difficult to think of different ideas to build trust.
- And you may be running out of time and money (especially if you have a newer business and need clients to deliver results to get a track record to start to build trust).
- And your competitors are getting the clients you hoped to have.
Which means you face growth and profitability challenges. Sometimes it even means you will go out of business.
Research shows that between 93% and 97% of decisions are made subconsciously, at an emotional level.
- It’s initially done using “gut feel”, and rationalized afterward to seem like it was based on a logical, rational thought process.
- It’s normal and we’ve probably all done this.
- You’ve probably lost a client to a competitor who was no better than you but may have made the client feel more secure. This shows that purchases are made based on how people want to feel as a result of the choice they are making.
Unable to communicate trust-building benefits at an emotional level? You will likely not be seen as trustworthy.
- If you’re still trying to build trust without thinking about the emotional side of things, you’re in trouble.
- And you will be ignored. Even if you’re no worse than your competitors that are trusted.
- And you will lose out on sales growth and client retention as a result. Even if you’re no worse than your competitors that are trusted.
- And, you will probably have to charge less to compete (assuming you’re still in business). Even if you’re no worse than your competitors that are trusted.
Being able to make a connection at an emotional level makes it easier to build the trust necessary to get new clients.
- It helps you keep your existing clients too since they feel more comfortable about their relationship with you. This means you don’t have to spend money to keep replacing them.
- And you get to charge a higher price since it poses less of a risk when doing business with you. This means you have higher margins for the same amount of work.
- And you get more free time for yourself. Instead of being at work all the time, trying to create trust-building messages that will make that connection.
You try a variety of ideas you’ve seen or read about.
- You’re spending more time writing more messages and spending more money on ads.
- But, it’s still not working.
- You know that a different approach is necessary.
- What direction do you take now?
Here is how this solution works
Let me introduce you to our online workshop to develop ideas, within 2 hours, to build brand trust, so you can get and keep more clients, even if you have limited marketing experience.
Here’s how it works:
We use a structured approach inspired by brand persuasion specialists.
- So you are guided to focus on the message content that really matters when it comes to being seen as credible.
- So you can build trust more effectively, rather than just turning out more messaging that may not be relevant.
It enables you to have a valuable addition to your existing approach, conveniently, within 2-hours.
- Rather than spending hours or days trying to research a solution for yourself.
- So that you can communicate why you are trustworthy when you need it most.
This means you use an approach that could help to swing a client’s decision your way. And you find out how to do this in only 2 hours.
But, we know that you would also want to leave the workshop with a toolbox. So that you can replicate what you have learned afterward.
That’s why we show you how to use The Brand Trust Builder as a part of the workshop process:
- It’s our online tool to work on your unique trust-building communication strategy.
- So that you have a trust-building message that helps you connect with clients at an emotional level.
- This means that clients appreciate why they should trust you. Because it feels right. The clues that show trustworthiness they previously may not have been aware of.
- This also means unique trust-based benefits, so it’s difficult for clients to make comparisons to lower-priced competitors. So you have less competition from a client’s perspective.
Access to The Brand Trust Builder is purchased separately from the workshop.
- It is made available, at a reduced price, for a 30-day period, when purchased with the workshop.
- So you can keep using it for a month after the workshop, and renew your access to it if you find it delivers the value you were hoping for.
Here’s how it works…
It helps you think about what really matters to your clients.
- Then it links this to your solutions and the emotional benefits that are created by the way these solutions reduce risk to your clients.
- So connecting what’s important to clients with the way you reduce risk to them becomes easier for you.
- This means an opportunity to prove greater trustworthiness and creating a perception of being unique.
- This also means the opportunity to build pricing power due to the greater trustworthiness you provide.
It provides a researched list of thirty-three issues people deeply care about.
- So you can consider the things that keep clients awake at night.
- So you can identify opportunities and solutions to lower risk to clients that are relevant.
- So that your thinking is always trust-based.
- This means you can focus your time on building a comprehensive list of trust-building messages that are more relevant, at a deeper level, for faster results.
It uses a structured approach inspired by brand persuasion specialists.
- So you are guided to focus on the message content that really matters when it comes to being seen as credible.
- So you can communicate your trust-building strategy more effectively, rather than just turning out more messaging that may not be relevant.
- So that the potential of not doing business with you tugs at clients’ heartstrings. Because they are anxious about the loss they may suffer without you.
This means you have less work to do when using the output for developing a trust-building strategy framework in all your:
- Sponsored ads
- Unpaid posts
- Email content
- Video content
- Live streaming topics / Webinars
- Website content
- Storytelling and case study material
- New business proposals
It provides a framework to store relevant information – which is pre-completed with useful ideas – that you can then customize for your situation.
- So you can back up your claims;
- and refer to your products, services, or market segments relevant to the solution;
- and consider the emotions you wish to inspire to get you to a sale faster;
- and consider the communication channels you wish to use
as you develop each message without having to tediously rewrite it each time.
This means you have less frustration with the little things that slow down your progress when trying to plan how you will develop your trust-building communication strategy.
It provides an easy way to develop your ideas and review them as you put all the bits together.
- So you can develop a trust-building messaging strategy in one sitting if you have the time.
- Or, plan trust-building messages one at a time, as and when you need them if you only have 30 minutes to spare.
- This means you can work around your schedule while being reassured that what you are working on makes sense.
It helps link your ideas to one or more client segments.
- So you can direct your trust-building message to those who are concerned about the places where clients feel vulnerable.
- This means that you have more confidence in targeting the right people with your trust-building messages.
- A trust-building strategy also means you can grow your market by packaging the right trust-building benefits each segment desires at different price points.
It allows you to share the output with your Agency or freelancer.
- So that you know the trust-building messaging ideas that have been created with your industry knowledge are relevant.
- This means you can avoid some of those lengthy strategy meetings while still developing a trust-building messaging framework to lower client vulnerability.
The research behind this
We have worked on over 70 global and local B2C and B2B brands since 1999.
Clients have included Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries.
While helping them to grow their brands, sales, and client loyalty, we noticed that trust-building communications were often developed with difficulty.
- We had to find ways to show how our clients’ solutions made them trustworthy.
- This required a trust-building approach.
From our clients that were startups, to those that had been in business for years, we encountered three situations:
- Startups with no track record that needed to build trust fast.
- Existing businesses that had trust problems going back several years, that needed a fix to stay in business.
- Existing businesses that came from categories or industries with poor reputations. Most participants were not trusted. We had to change this perception to our client’s advantage.
We researched the topic and combined it with our own experience to define 33 concerns that people typically have.
- These are concerns that can be addressed to build brand trust.
- These may be concerns that they are currently facing that you can address.
- Alternatively, they may be concerns they have about doing business with your organization, your category, or your industry.
If you are able to resolve these concerns, you are in a better position to build trust.
Not sure about this approach and need more information?
Read through our free article, Brand Trust: How to develop 10 practical strategies to build it, even if you are just starting out
to better understand the strategic thinking that went into why we developed The Brand Trust Builder.
Complete version of the discussion about the 2-hour workshop (56 minutes)
What you will receive when you buy this together with The Brand Trust Builder
A 2-hour online workshop to help you develop ideas, within 2 hours, to build trust, so you can get and keep more clients, even if you have limited marketing experience.
30 days of access to The Brand Trust Builder that only starts the day after you make the purchase. (So you have extra time to become familiar with the tool before the clock starts ticking.)
A space to customize your selection of choices before you start using The Brand Trust Builder. This dashboard lets you create and store the information that will appear as checkbox options when building each trust-building message in The Brand Trust Builder. This means you save time by not having to provide the same information more than once. These include:
- Your product and service categories.
- Segments you are targeting, such as markets or personas.
- Emotions you want your messaging to create. So that you can link your brand to specific emotional benefits to be unique. This list contains many researched options. You can add to this if you wish.
- Proof Points to provide proof or a “reason to believe”. An extensive list has been set up to get you started. You can add to this if you wish.
- Communication channels you can run this message through. An extensive list has been set up to get you started. You can add to this if you wish.
- Options to confirm whether your promise is unique and supported by clients. You can add to this if you wish.
Space to create up to 20 trust-building messages that, when complete, can be exported to a spreadsheet for further use.
Questions to guide and refine your thinking for each of your trust-building messages. These include:
- Selecting from one of 33 researched concerns (or “hot-buttons”) where you can address a concern to develop trust-building messages. (These concerns are linked to over 120 brief examples to draw inspiration from – just to make it easier for you to get started.)
- Questions to identify the exact problem that requires a solution and how to fix it.
- Checkbox options to align each concern with what you have to offer and the segments that will benefit from this.
- Checkbox options to provide proof or a “reason to believe.” This is to back up the solution and benefit you are promising.
- Checkbox options to identify communication channels you can run this message through.
- Checkbox options to confirm whether your promise is unique and supported by clients (so you know which are your most credible messages to start with first).
A place to review your work where all of your thinking has been pulled together in one easy-to-review place. Review and edit here before you export your thinking.
Extend access to The Brand Trust Builder beyond 30 days for only $39.99 per month if you want this available for a longer period.
You can access a dashboard to edit more than one “project” containing strategies you have already submitted in The Brand Trust Builder, just in case you’re working with more than one brand or market.
Need to build more than 20 trust-building messages but don’t wish to spend any more on The Brand Trust Builder? Just delete your existing work – after exporting it to a safe place – and add as many more strategies as you like in that 30 day period.
Is it worth the price?
There are examples of brands where one good idea to build trust changed their destiny forever. That’s all they needed. But they did things differently.
Still not convinced? Try to calculate the cost of not using this…
This cost includes:
- The cost of trying to figure this out on your own with YouTube videos, e-Books, blogs, articles, etc. You know the time this will take.
- The cost of a freelancer to put this together for you.
- The time you are spending on this already, without getting a positive result.
- The cost of losing an existing client, since existing clients see many of your communications, even if it is not directed at them. You have the opportunity to keep a client that may be about to leave.
- The cost of not getting additional sales from existing clients, as they may not trust your other products or services sufficiently.
- The cost of not getting an additional client.
Satisfaction Guarantee for The Brand Trust Builder
Not only do we guarantee The Brand Trust Builder for 7 days, but:
- if it doesn’t help give you ideas on where you could show why your business is trustworthy;
- if it doesn’t help you to get at least a few trust-building messaging ideas together;
- if it doesn’t help give you a plan to develop a trust-building messaging approach that is better than trying to work this out on your own – as you may be doing right now,
then we don’t want your money. We’ll give it all back. No hard feelings.
If you’re a first-time client, we’ll give you 10% off as our way of welcoming you.