Terms & Conditions
1. This website can be accessed at www.wisdominc.com (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by WisdomInc CC (CK 99/69721/23 ) (“WisdomInc”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
2. These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of services, and the use of the Website.
3. These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Website enables you to shop online for a range of services including the Communications Task Setting process and more (“services”).
2. Important Notice
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
2. These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
1. may limit the risk or liability of WisdomInc; and/or
2. may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
3. may compel the user to indemnify WisdomInc; and/or
4. serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
3. Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
4. If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask WisdomInc to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
5. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or WisdomInc in terms of the CPA.
6. WisdomInc permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website for any purpose whatsoever if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
1. Please refer to our Returns Policy for more information about getting a refund on a service (and related refunds or replacements. The Returns Policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these Terms and Conditions).
4. Registration and use of the website
1. Only registered users may order services on the Website.
2. To register as a user, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to WisdomInc. You will need to use your unique username and password to access the Website in order to purchase services.
3. You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
1. be used for personal use only; and
2. not be disclosed by you to any third party.
4. For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering services, failing which you will be denied access.
5. You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorized, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
6. You agree to notify WisdomInc immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
7. By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the lawful consent of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
8. You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorized WisdomInc representative (such consent is deemed to be given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
9. You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
10. You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of a duly authorised WisdomInc employee.
5. Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
1. Registered users may place orders for services, which WisdomInc may accept or reject. Whether or not WisdomInc accepts an order depends on the availability of services, correctness of the information relating to the services (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorization by WisdomInc for the services.
2. NOTE: WisdomInc will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the services to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and WisdomInc come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any conditional communication from WisdomInc stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. WisdomInc will indicate the rejection of your order (by WisdomInc itself) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding to you any amount already paid.
3. Prior to delivery or your collection of the services, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the services, you may return the services only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
4. Placing services in a wish-list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such services, and as such, services may be removed from the shopping basket if the services are no longer available or the price thereof has changed without notice to you. You will not hold WisdomInc liable if such services are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
5. You acknowledge that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. When services are no longer available after you have placed an order, WisdomInc will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such services.
6. Certain services may not be purchased for re-sale. Should we suspect that any such services are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
1. We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
2. Payment can be made for services via –
1. credit card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorize and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorization is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorization your order for the services will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorized to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying for the services. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
2. Instant EFT;
3. WisdomInc promotional coupons.
4. The above payment options are explained in more detail in our Payment Method page on our website.
5. You may contact us via our Contact Us to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email communications about your order and payment.
6. Once you have selected your payment method, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the services.
7. Delivery of services
1. WisdomInc’s obligation to deliver a service to you is fulfilled when we deliver the service via the WisdomInc website. WisdomInc is not responsible for any loss or unauthorized use of a service, after it has delivered the service via the WisdomInc website.
1. We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of services on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – only to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
2. WisdomInc shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our services displayed on any third party websites.
9. Gift Vouchers & Coupons
1. WisdomInc may from time to time make promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of WisdomInc services. Gift Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
1. There are two types of Coupons; a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon“), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon“).
2. Coupons are issued in WisdomInc’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel or reject a Coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a Coupon has been distributed in an unauthorised manner). Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
3. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
1. each Coupon can only be used once;
2. only one Coupon can be used per order;
3. only one Coupon can be used on the Website per person per promotion/campaign;
4. Percentage Coupons may only be redeemed on purchases with a total cart value of less than R2,000;
5. where a Percentage Coupon has been used and you wish to cancel any items in the order prior to making payment, the entire order must be cancelled. You will be issued with a new Percentage Coupon and will need to place the order again, without the item that you wished to cancel;
6. a Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
7. the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
4. Coupons cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. WisdomInc is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or distribution of a Coupon.
5. If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact us here to confirm if the Coupon is still valid. If WisdomInc confirms that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
6. You may be required to submit the original communication containing the Coupon code, and any other information reasonably requested by WisdomInc, before you are able to use a Coupon.
10. Deals and other discounted services
1. Daily Deals
1. Daily Deals (“Deals”) will be available daily from 7am – 23:59pm on week days and from 9am – 23:59pm on weekends. Deals will expire no later than one minute to midnight each day. However, Deals have a stock limit and may expire earlier if stock runs out.
2. Deal quantities are limited and as such, after a Deal is sold out, those particular services may be available on the Website at their normal selling prices (but no longer as a Deal).
3. We do not guarantee a specific saving. The extent of the Deal or discount is at the sole discretion of WisdomInc.
4. Only one of each Deal may be purchased per customer.
5. Adding a Deal to your cart, or completing your order for a Deal without paying for it, does not reserve the item for you. WisdomInc must receive payment from you within 3 days of you placing your order for a Deal, otherwise we will cancel your order.
2. Bundle Deals
1. We may from time to time offer bundle deals for sale under the Bundle Deals tab on the Website (“Bundle Deals“). Each Bundle Deal will consist of two or more services that either we or you (as provided on the Website) have combined together in a single bundle.
2. Any saving or discount resulting from purchasing a Bundle Deal instead of its component services separately may be applied to any of the component services individually in our sole discretion. The actual purchase price (after applying and applicable saving or discount) of each component service will be communicated to you upon checkout and reflected in your order history.
1. We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
2. Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
1. your name and surname;
2. your email address;
3. your billing address;
4. your business’ name; and
5. your business’ VAT number (depending on your location).
3. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
4. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
5. Subject to clause 11.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
1. use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
1. in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of services;
2. to contact you regarding current or new services or services or any other services offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
3. to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
4. to improve our service selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
2. disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
1. to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of services or when delivering services to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
2. to our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new services or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
3. to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in service faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
4. to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
5. to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty services you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
6. to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any services purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 13 above).
6. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, WisdomInc is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
7. We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
8. Ratings and Reviews: When you provide a rating or review of a service, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
9. We will –
1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3. provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
4. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
5. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
6. upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
10. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
11. WisdomInc undertakes to not ever sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
12. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
12. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
1. WisdomInc may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time for any new transactions. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
2. Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
13. Electronic communications
14. Ownership and copyright
1. The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law. The Website Content is the property of WisdomInc, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to WisdomInc.
2. You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
3. Any use, distribution or reserviceion of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permission for the commercial use of any Website Content contact us via our Contact Us page.
4. Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to WisdomInc or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
1. The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
2. Whilst WisdomInc takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, WisdomInc makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website. If any such representations or warranties are made by WisdomInc’s representatives, WisdomInc shall not be bound thereby.
3. WisdomInc disclaims liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
4. Although services sold from the Website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the Website itself and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
5. Any views or statements made or expressed on the Website are not necessarily the views of WisdomInc, its members, employees and/or agents.
6. In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, WisdomInc also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of WisdomInc, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. WisdomInc thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
16. Linking to third party websites
1. This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and WisdomInc is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
2. Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
17. Limitation of liability
1. WisdomInc cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of WisdomInc, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of our Contact Us page.
2. WisdomInc SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES HOWSOEVER ARISING WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE; OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, AND/OR UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
3. YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY WisdomInc AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOURSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
18. Availability and termination
1. We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and are entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
2. WisdomInc may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that WisdomInc will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time, to the extent possible.
3. If you fail to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for any services, this may (in our sole discretion with or without notice to you) lead to a suspension and/or termination of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have against you.
4. WisdomInc is entitled, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud and/or where it suspects that you are abusing the Website and/or have created multiple user profiles to take advantage of a promotion or Coupon intended by WisdomInc to be used once-off by you, to blacklist you on its database (including suspending or terminating your access to the Website), refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any order concluded between you and WisdomInc, in whole or in part, on notice to you. WisdomInc shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you, and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such blacklisting and/or refusal to process any order.
5. You can choose to stop using the Website at any time, with or without notice to WisdomInc.
19. Governing law and jurisdiction
1. These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
2. In the event of any dispute arising between you and WisdomInc, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Gauteng Local Division, Johannesburg) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
3. Nothing in this clause 19 or the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
1. WisdomInc hereby selects Unit 8, Elephant Hills Estate, 24 Arizona Crescent, Northcliff Ext. 15, 2195, as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). WisdomInc may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
2. You hereby select the delivery address specified with your order as your legal address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving WisdomInc not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
3. Notices must be sent by hand or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
1. by hand must be accompanied by an email to alan at wisdominc.com containing a copy of the notice sent by hand; and
2. by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received.
4. For the purposes of the ECT Act, WisdomInc’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its service descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website:
1. Full name: WisdomInc, a close corporation registered in South Africa with registration number CK 99/69721/23
2. Main business: COMMERCIAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES AND THE SPECIFICATION,
DEVELOPMENT, MAINTENANCE AND ANALYSIS OF DATABASES.
3. Member: Alan Ohannessian
4. Phone number: +27 10 312-5365
5. Email address: alan at wisdominc.com
1. You may not cede or otherwise transfer your rights in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
2. Any failure on the part of you or WisdomInc to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
3. If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
4. No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions, including this clause and 21.5 hereunder, will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
5. No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
6. These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and WisdomInc and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.