Quickly find opportunities to build trust in your business, to make it easier to get new clients, even if it is new or faces past issues
What could your business become if more people trusted you?
“People aren’t interested in you. They’re interested in themselves.”
Are you losing business because your brand is not trusted?
Brand trust derives from past performance and perceived benevolence. i.e. Being well-meaning and helpful.
The Brand Trust Builder helps you create a string of clues that suggest your brand’s benevolence.
- These clues highlight your client’s concerns about a variety of perceived risks. Then you get to show your solutions to those concerns.
- These may be concerns that they are currently facing that you can address for them. Or, concerns about doing business with your organization, your category, or your industry.
- It takes the concern, which has an emotional basis around perceived loss. Then it helps you show how you lower that risk.
- All in a framework you can transfer to your brand’s communications.
- So that the trail of clues you leave behind will create a positive emotional connection.
This means your brand has an easier time getting and keeping clients. And will likely have more pricing power.
Brands that are trusted are often loved.
They have proved they are different and therefore have fewer perceived competitors.
As a result, they get to charge a price premium.
The Brand Trust Builder helps you link trust-related concerns with solutions you can incorporate into your communications with prospective and current clients.
The Brand Trust Builder can be used for:
- A brand that has no issues, but just needs to build additional trust.
- A newer brand with limited brand trust.
- A brand with a troubled past having brand trust issues.
- A brand coming from an industry with a poor image, where the category or industry is not trusted.
Where you can use this
How the process works
Some frequently asked questions.
Will this do my entire communications job for me?
No. You still need to customize your thinking for your specific situation. But, it does do a lot of the heavy lifting for you to make this customization process easier.
Is this approach realistic?
After developing communications strategies for over 20 years, we wish we could have had this tool at the outset. Several insights were developed over this period:
- A good framework is essential to develop many ideas and do it faster.
- Most of our clients found it easy to customize for their situation. But they needed a practical process to work within areas where they lacked expertise.
There are over 120 examples to draw inspiration from. Each example was drawn from experience when consulting with our clients (You can see a list of a few of the industries we have consulted to over the last 20 years at the bottom of the page.)
Is the list of concerns comprehensive?
Much effort has gone into developing this list. Anything can be improved upon over time. But we are certain that this will give you ideas for many communications opportunities to build trust.
What do I do with the results once I have them?
We are strong believers in executing on an idea.
Until a communications idea is executed, it remains just that – an idea.
To this end, we have created a framework containing the essentials we know you need for good communication.
You can then export this information and either work with it yourself, or pass it onto the people managing your communications. We know that they would appreciate the information rather than spending hours trying to develop it.
Read our article Brand Trust: How to develop 10 practical strategies to build it, even if you are just starting out for a deeper insight.