Quickly identify high-priority communications, to get new clients at a lower cost, even if you have limited communications experience
Are you investing in the wrong communication opportunities and don’t even realize you’re doing it?
Missed communications opportunities are like an iceberg
Most of an iceberg is below the water. Invisible to the eye. It can sink you!
Similarly, most people do not know that there are 24 communications opportunities. Chances to grow your brand. To sell more. To get an advantage over your competitors. If you do not consider all of them, they may sink your communications campaign. Or cause it to underperform.
Typically, people focus on the 7 opportunities that they are most familiar with and ignore the rest. That is because working out which of the 24 is a priority is complicated. But overspending in some areas and ignoring other opportunities is not ideal.
So then what do you do to address this issue?
We have a process and an algorithm to help you prioritize these opportunities. Fast and online. Irrespective of the business you are in.
Is your solution accurate when the problem is complex?
How do you identify the communications opportunities to prioritize?
It depends. On a variety of factors such as whether you are selling a product or service, or developing a brand at the business level.
You also need to factor in awareness levels, reputation, levels of competitiveness, product/service complexity, and perceived risk of purchase. And that’s just the start of the process that takes about an hour to complete when and where it suits you.
We have a series of Yes/No questions that you can go through online. They customize automatically, based on your previous responses, to save you time and get more detail.
Your responses are run through an algorithm. You get to see what you should prioritize. Instantly. There are also explanations included – just in case you need to know more.
Access The Communications Profiler
- Available to use anytime you need it.
- Gives instant feedback.
- No meetings. No consultants.
- Designed to do the heavy lifting for you.
- Asks the right questions.
- Checks all your options.
Identifies priority opportunities
- Compares all 24 communications opportunities.
- Highlights the ones to prioritize.
The Communications Profiler$69.99
Understanding your current situation
- A detailed series of about 50 Yes/No questions.
- Customized for your situation to understand exactly what your brand is facing.
Your challenges are run against 1,200 potential strategies
- We link your challenges to 24 potential areas of communications leverage.
- To do this, we access about 1,200 strategies to see what matters most.
We identify priority areas of communications leverage
- We identify which of the 24 areas of opportunity will be most beneficial for you to pursue.
- The analysis is extensive.
You target what matters most to you
- The priority areas for you to leverage are identified.
- Each one is also explained to you.
The research behind this
We have worked on over 70 global and local B2C and B2B brands over a period of over 20 years. Clients have included Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries.
Areas of expertise include communications strategy, brand strategy, research, and analytics. We have written strategies or have been consulted to understand how a client’s strategy might benefit from a change in direction.
This experience has been invaluable in terms of understanding what is likely to work. Equally importantly, it has helped us identify what is likely to fail.
After working on numerous strategies, and going through many campaign debriefs, we noticed that most clients focused almost entirely on creative strategy and media strategy.
There was an assumption that communications opportunities were well understood and agreed upon. But this was not accurate.
Therefore, a focus on execution before understanding exactly what needed to be done to best fit the business’ challenges was an area that required improvement.
How we addressed this challenge
We aimed to close this gap by helping to automate the process of translating business challenges into communications opportunities.
This helps to prevent a focus on communications opportunities that are unlikely to deliver, while not highlighting other options that may be quite rewarding.
We started by identifying the questions to ask to assess the business’ current situation. It had to be comprehensive but easy to answer with Yes/No choices.
It also had to eliminate unnecessary questions by customizing questions based on previous responses to make the process faster and simpler.
Over 1,200 strategies were used to identify the best opportunities based on the responses provided. This was automated to be comprehensive.
Outcomes are then compared to one another and indexed for easy presentation.
Explanations of each type of communications opportunity are also provided, just in case.
Where you can use this
Communications Health Check
- Useful for quality control to spot problems.
- A quick and private Communications Health Checkup to see if everything is okay.
- Change focus as your business and brand grow.
Eliminate Unnecessary Work
- Limit the cost of producing unnecessary creative work. Even if you do it yourself.
- Focus on opportunities that matter most.
Prioritize Communication Opportunities
- Quickly and easily identify communications opportunities.
- Have the peace of mind that you are not missing out on opportunities.
Adjust Your Direction
- Perhaps things are fine, but something has changed and you need to adjust ahead of time.
- Have some preparation for the unexpected.
Need To Get Help Fast
- Communications not working out the way you had hoped?
- An impartial view if you are concerned your team is not on the right track.
- Instant feedback so you do not have to wait for an opinion when time is limited.
- Handle sensitive issues with greater ease.
- Useful if team members disagree on what to focus on.
- Essential if everyone is heading off in the wrong direction.
Translate Business Challenges
- Not a communications specialist?
- Convert business challenges into communications opportunities.
- No consultant necessary.
- Different skillsets?
- Adopt a process to ensure your marketing team has covered key bases irrespective of their experience.
How the question process works
Define the options you prefer before starting
- Add in the name of a business, product, service, market, and segment you will be reviewing.
- Useful if you do several of these over time and wish to compare results.
Confirm the direction you will be taking
- Is this for a business or brand?
- Is this for a product or service?
- Is it new or does it already exist?
This helps us instantly add or eliminate certain communication jobs to be done.
How well are you known and differentiated?
- Are you communicating something that is unknown?
- Do you have an established reputation?
- Are you perceived as being different?
Each aspect will result in different weightings of priorities.
What is the performance like?
- How is business? Are sales growing? Are sales declining? Are there market share issues?
- Do we need to change the game to be differentiated?
These all affect how the challenge is pursued due to prevailing obstacles.
How long is the selling cycle?
- This affects many aspects of prospect availability and how and when we communicate.
- This has a strong effect on where you prioritize opportunities.
Identify risk levels associated with the purchase
- It helps to identify the types of perceived risks that need to be mitigated by the communications.
High area of importance. Very influential on the opportunity identification process.
Levels of competitiveness
- What level of challenge are you facing?
- How competitive is it?
- How many communications are there?
This affects a variety of issues simultaneously.
What is your reputation?
- Is there admiration for the business and its brands?
- Are there issues to be resolved?
- What are the levels of trust?
- In which direction is sentiment moving?
Affects where and how much we place our focus on certain opportunities.
Define your social credibility status
- Are you getting recommendations?
- Are you getting good reviews?
This helps us understand the issues and what to focus on.
Save your work
- Save your draft in case you need to do this over more than one session.
- Useful when running this as a workshop and there are different points of view in the room.
How the reporting process works
Analysis is comprehensive
- Your input is run against 1,200 potential strategies.
- This identifies the priority communications opportunities available to you.
View your results instantly
- Once you have submitted your input, you have your results.
- No waiting. Great when you need answers fast.
Interpret your results
- Final scores for each of the 24 communication opportunities are indexed on a chart.
- You get the message fast without needing further interpretation.
- Every single opportunity is also explained concisely.
- This is useful to avoid confusion in case you are not certain or need someone else to take this further.
Consider the communications channels you will use
- Each communications opportunity comes with a description.
- That way, when it is time to implement the findings, you will be better prepared to consider the best communications channels to use.
Export your results
- Export your result so you can view it and share it.
- Exports are in the format of an Excel or CSV file.
Some frequently asked questions.
Will it work for my situation?
This has been tested across different brands and categories.
This covers existing businesses and new businesses.
It also covers existing products and services, and new products and services.
Read through the testimonials below.
Does this work for services too?
Yes. In fact it works especially well for service businesses.
It also works well for product businesses with a service component.
Has it been tested extensively?
Before launching this service, we had successfully tested this approach in over 40 client workshops across different brands and categories.
How can I trust the results?
We have built-in a variety of fail-safe mechanisms to ensure that one “incorrect” response will not bias the results.
We ask many questions and customize these based on your prior responses so that you do not waste your time on a generic questionnaire.
Your responses are run against 1,200 potential strategies ensuring we do not miss anything.