Translate your marketing challenges into priority communications jobs and channels. Instantly.
Useful for small business
If you do all your communications yourself but still need some guidance regarding what to focus your limited time on.
For larger businesses
You want to be sure that you have the right communications tasks and communications channel priorities defined before you brief your communications agency.
Simplifying communications strategy challenges
Applications for The Communications Profiler
Communications Health Checkup
Need to check that you are directing your communications budget on doing the jobs that matter most? Planning something new?
Run a quick check that you are on the right track.
Smarter communications planning
Need to recognize key communications tasks for a specific scenario? Do this across brands, products, services or target market segments. Indicates what is required in each case to avoid diversions by low priority tasks.
Ensure you have considered all communications tasks
Depending on who is on your team, and how much time they have, all communications tasks are sometimes not considered. Our approach helps ensure that this process covers all bases every time.
Bringing more convenience to the planning process
Run through a comprehensive checklist that does the work for you, even when you have limited time. We know that time is precious so we help you get to a solution faster.
Get access to our experience when it suits you
Whether you are a small, medium or large business you get instant access to over two decades of strategic expertise.
Get impartial thinking at your disposal
We have no vested interest in selecting your communications task priorities. Get the best advice for your different challenges.
Maintain quality thinking across multiple brands, products and segments
By automating this process you ensure that the same rigorous thinking has been applied irrespective of the workload involved.
Curious to see how communications tasks vary across segments?
See how your communications task priorities vary as you face different challenges across market segments.
Handle sensitive issues with greater ease
Confronting business realities in a group setting can be difficult. Answering sensitive questions and receiving the appropriate actions in a more confidential setting helps address certain issues with greater ease.
Consistent thinking across your team
Irrespective of the knowledge and experience of different team members, you will know that their challenges have all been addressed using the same process.
This is what our clients had to say after using it
Our experience in this area
- We have worked on over 70 global and local B2C and B2B brands over a period of over 20 years.
- Clients have included Fortune 500 companies, as well as global advertising agencies and media agencies.
- Areas of expertise include communications strategy, brand strategy, research, and analytics.
- We have written strategies or have been consulted to understand how a client’s strategy might benefit from a change in direction.
- This experience has been invaluable in terms of understanding what is likely to work. Equally importantly, it has helped us identify what is likely to fail.
- After working on numerous strategies, and going through many campaign debriefs, we noticed that most clients focused almost entirely on creative strategy and media strategy. There was an assumption that communications tasks were well understood and agreed upon. But this was not accurate.
- Therefore, a focus on execution before understanding exactly what needed to be done to best fit the business’ challenges was problematic.
- We aimed to close this gap by helping to automate the process of translating business challenges into communications tasks, and then into preferred media channels. This helps to prevent a focus on communications tasks and channels that are unlikely to deliver, while not highlighting other options that may be quite rewarding.
Some of the Industries where clients have used our services
Consumer Durable Goods
Packaged Consumer Goods
Importing & Distribution
The Communications Task Profiler is the first output of The Communications Profiler.
It translates your business challenges into priority Communications Tasks.
This is how we have made it easier for you to use…
Access to our Communications Task Setting Process
Customize for your situation
Save time by answering the essential questions only
Answer the optional questions if you have the time
Need to do this over more than one session?
Four reports to highlight your priority communications tasks based on where you are in your campaign
Communications tasks explained to you
Want to see a summary of all the tasks that matter?
We also built in a communications channel road-map to answer the following questions…
How do I use a list of priority communications tasks?
How do I transform communications tasks into a road map I can implement?
The Communications Media Channel Profiler is the second output of The Communications Profiler.
It is intended to translate your priority Communications Tasks into priority Communications channels.
The priority communications tasks are converted into a guide that will highlight the key media channel types that are likely to work best for you.
That way you know what matters before implementing the messaging yourself or asking someone to do it for you. Use what works best for your circumstances.
Priority communications from the Communications Task Profiler are run through an algorithm created to highlight more suitable media channel options for your specific requirements.
The preferred media channel choices are then presented to you with a score (higher is better).
This is not intended to be country or budget specific. Rather, it enables you to identify potential media channels that are likely to be a better fit for your task at hand.
The focus is primarily on digital media options as they are more accessible to B2B and B2C marketers in terms of available budgets.
Our experience is many marketers do not have the resources to execute all media channel opportunities simultaneously. This approach highlights more promising opportunities.
Reports can be exported in a variety of formats so different people in your team can be allocated specific tasks while seeing the whole picture.
A Communications Media Channel Profile is generated for every Communications Task Profile that you create. This means that you can see how preferred media channels could have different priorities across your products, services or market segments.