Need to identify essential communications jobs and channels to meet your business needs?
Fast. Online. Affordable.
Most of our clients faced these issues.
We found a way to solve their dilemma by automating a solution for them.
This is how it works…
The Communications Profiler is our online tool to provide you with meaningful, customized insights. Instantly and affordably.
- Translates your marketing challenges into priority communications tasks and communications channel options.
- Gives you a recommendation that is customized exactly for your specific challenges.
Tested. Based on communications strategists’ experiences, gained over 20 years, across multiple industries.
- Automated and web-based. Get the advice when and where you need it.
- See exactly what to focus on, regardless of whether the communications tasks and channels are paid for or free to use.
- Lessen the risk of misusing your money and time on lower priority communications tasks.
Useful for small business
If you do all your communications yourself but still need some guidance regarding what to focus your limited time on.
For larger businesses
You want to be sure that you have the right communications tasks and communications channel priorities defined before you brief your communications agency.
Benefits of using The Communications Profiler
Communications Health Checkup
Need to check that you are directing your communications budget on doing the jobs that matter most? Planning something new?
Run a quick check that you are on the right track.
Smarter communications planning
Need to recognize key communications tasks for a specific scenario? Do this across brands, products, services or target market segments. Indicates what is required in each case to avoid diversions by low priority tasks.
Ensure you have considered all communications tasks
Depending on who is on your team, and how much time they have, all communications tasks are sometimes not considered. Our approach helps ensure that this process covers all bases every time.
Bringing more convenience to the planning process
Run through a comprehensive checklist that does the work for you, even when you have limited time. We know that time is precious so we help you get to a solution faster.
Get access to our experience when it suits you
Whether you are a small, medium or large business you get instant access to over two decades of strategic expertise.
Get impartial thinking at your disposal
We have no vested interest in selecting your communications task priorities. Get the best advice for your different challenges.
Maintain quality thinking across multiple brands, products and segments
By automating this process you ensure that the same rigorous thinking has been applied irrespective of the workload involved.
Curious to see how communications tasks vary across segments?
See how your communications task priorities vary as you face different challenges across market segments.
Handle sensitive issues with greater ease
Confronting business realities in a group setting can be difficult. Answering sensitive questions and receiving the appropriate actions in a more confidential setting helps address certain issues with greater ease.
Consistent thinking across your team
Irrespective of the knowledge and experience of different team members, you will know that their challenges have all been addressed using the same process.
This is what our clients had to say after using it
How we came up with this solution
- We had worked on over 70 global and local B2C and B2B brands over a period of over 20 years.
- Clients have included Fortune 500 companies, as well as global advertising agencies and media agencies.
- Areas of expertise included communications strategy, brand strategy, research, and analytics.
- We have written strategies or have been consulted to understand how a client’s strategy might benefit from a change in direction.
- This experience has been invaluable in terms of understanding what is likely to work. Equally importantly, it has helped us identify what is likely to fail.
- After working on numerous strategies, and going through many campaign debriefs, we noticed that most clients focused almost entirely on creative strategy and media strategy. There was an assumption that communications tasks were well understood and agreed upon. But this was not accurate.
- Therefore, a focus on execution before understanding exactly what needed to be done to best fit the business’ challenges was problematic.
- We aimed to close this gap by helping to automate the process of translating business challenges into communications tasks, and then into preferred media channels. This helps to prevent a focus on communications tasks and channels that are unlikely to deliver, while not highlighting other options that may be quite rewarding.
Some of the Industries where clients have used our services
Consumer Durable Goods
Packaged Consumer Goods
Importing & Distribution
Some features to make the process easier for you
The Communications Task Profiler is the first output of The Communications Profiler.
It is intended to translate your business challenges into priority Communications Tasks.
Access to our Communications Task Setting Process
Customize for your situation
Save time by answering the essential questions only
Answer the optional questions if you have the time
Need to do this over more than one session?
Four reports to highlight your priority communications tasks based on where you are in your campaign
Communications tasks explained to you
Want to see a summary of all the tasks that matter?
We also built in a communications channel road-map to answer the following questions…
SO HOW DO I USE A LIST OF PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS TASKS?
HOW DO I TRANSFORM COMMUNICATIONS TASKS INTO A ROAD MAP I CAN IMPLEMENT?
The Communications Media Channel Profiler is the second output of The Communications Profiler.
It is intended to translate your priority Communications Tasks into priority Communications channels.
The priority communications tasks are converted into a guide that will highlight the key media channel types that are likely to work best for you.
That way you know what matters before implementing the messaging yourself or asking someone to do it for you. Use what works best for your circumstances.
Priority communications from the Communications Task Profiler are run through an algorithm created to highlight more suitable media channel options for your specific requirements.
The preferred media channel choices are then presented to you with a score (higher is better).
This is not intended to be country or budget specific. Rather, it enables you to identify potential media channels that are likely to be a better fit for your task at hand.
The focus is primarily on digital media options as they are more accessible to B2B and B2C marketers in terms of available budgets.
Our experience is many marketers do not have the resources to execute all media channel opportunities simultaneously. This approach highlights more promising opportunities.
Reports can be exported in a variety of formats so different people in your team can be allocated specific tasks while seeing the whole picture.
A Communications Media Channel Profile is generated for every Communications Task Profile that you create. This means that you can see how preferred media channels could have different priorities across your products, services or market segments.
Why this adds value to your business.
What does it cost?
Not ready to buy yet?
Try out these free tools at no charge.
Create a checklist of what makes your business stand out from competitors.
Why should customers buy from you instead of your competitors?
It’s a question that many business owners have difficulty answering with precision. This may be because we are often unable to describe what that special thing is in this age of imitation.
To assist you, we have put together some of the best thinking around differentiation, including aspects of service quality that help create it. It is available in a free online list.
It describes over 30 areas of your business so you can confirm where you believe you are differentiated using a checklist. It shouldn’t take you longer than 15 minutes to complete.
Once you’re done, it will email you a list of your strengths and opportunities for improvement based on your responses. Very useful for a variety of reasons including choosing the content of your communications.
Create a checklist of communications channels that you can use to grow sales
- Need to link communications channels with the objectives of your communications campaign?
- Use our free checklist to link communications channels to priority communications tasks that you have identified yourself. There are 24 communications tasks to choose from and a variety of communications channels to fulfill each task.
- Access a free guide to see what each of the 24 communications tasks is and get descriptions of why each one could be relevant to you.
- You will be emailed a final list. This combines the communications channels you have chosen to complete, broken up by the communications tasks you have selected, such as Creating Awareness, Developing a Call to Action, or Grow Communities.