Quickly find new opportunities to create value, to be different from competitors, even if what you offer is quite similar
What could your business look like when clients believe you offer unique value?
- These clues highlight your client’s concerns about a variety of perceived risks. Then you get to show empathy through your solutions to those concerns.
- These may be concerns that they are currently facing that you can address for them. Or, concerns about doing business with your organization, your category, or your industry.
- It takes the concern, which has an emotional basis around perceived loss. Then it helps you show how you lower that risk. It also helps you show the emotional and financial benefits of the solution you provide. It shows that you care.
- All in a framework you can transfer to your brand’s communications. Even if it’s a new business proposal.
- So that the trail of clues you leave behind will create a positive emotional connection. So that you can elevate the perceived value of your brand.
- If you cannot prove value, you will be paid a lower amount.
- This applies to products, services, and brands.
- But, it’s more than just talking about features and functional benefits.
- Can the client connect with the benefit you’re talking about at an emotional level? Does it matter? Do they even care?
- Does the potential of losing that value tug at their heartstrings? Because they are anxious about the loss they may suffer.
- Or are you just another supplier that will give them the lowest price?
- If you can get this right by telling your Value Story persuasively, you could get to charge more.
- So, how do you know what to say? And how do you say it?
Where you can use this
How the process works
Some frequently asked questions.
Will this do my entire job for me?
No. You still need to customize your thinking for your specific situation. But, it does do a lot of the heavy lifting for you to make this customization process easier.
Is this approach realistic?
After developing communications strategies for over 20 years, we wish we could have had this tool at the outset to show how we could add value. Several insights were developed over this period:
- A good framework is essential to develop many ideas and do it faster.
- Most of our clients found it easy to customize for their situation. But they needed a practical process to work within areas where they lacked expertise.
There are over 120 examples to draw inspiration from. Each example was drawn from experience when consulting with our clients (You can see a list of a few of the industries we have consulted to over the last 20 years at the bottom of the page.)
Is the list of concerns comprehensive?
Much effort has gone into developing this list. Anything can be improved upon over time. But we are certain that this will give you ideas for many opportunities to show you can add value.
The Value Story Builder shares a common thinking platform with The Brand Trust Builder. This is because adding value and building trust are related.
What do I do with the results once I have them?
We are strong believers in executing on an idea.
Until an idea is executed, it remains just that – an idea.
To this end, we have created a framework containing the essentials we know you need to build a strong case.
You can then export this information and either work with it yourself, or pass it onto the people in your team. We know that they would appreciate the information rather than spending hours trying to develop it.