- THE CHALLENGE WE ADDRESS
- WHY YOU SHOULD USE THIS
- WHERE YOU CAN USE THIS
- HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
- WHY YOU NEED THE VALUE STORY BUILDER
- OUR EXPERIENCE
- ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & FAQ
Are you frustrated with the process of writing new business proposals?
- Are you finding that the process of writing proposals either takes up a lot of your (very costly) time?
- Do you find that you don’t get the business, even when you believed you were the best contender?
- Are you looking for a way to enhance your current approach?
WHAT THIS ONLINE WORKSHOP DOES
Develop ideas, within 2 hours, to make your new business proposal demonstrate relevant value, in a unique way, even if you have limited marketing experience.
HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM IT
Different thinking to make new business proposals more effective
- Our process helps you think about what matters to your clients. Around issues that go beyond the standard features and pricing discussion.
- So you can say what matters. This means you can compete at a different level.
Have a valuable addition to your existing approach, conveniently, within 2-hours
- A structured approach inspired by brand persuasion specialists.
- Improve, rather than replace your existing approach to new business proposals.
- So you can communicate your valuable points of difference when you need it most.
- This means you get a tool, that could help to swing a client’s decision your way, in only 2 hours.
New business proposals and price reviews
- Create a structure using value-based pricing to show how you add value in ways that will matter.
- Add in the proof.
- Work on the best messaging to sell it
Before the workshop
The Value Story Builder will provide you with an opportunity to customize the options you will use in the workshop. These include:
- Product and services categories.
- Any names of segments you may have already defined.
- Checking off any emotions you would want your communications to create from an extensive list of options. You can also define your own options.
- Proof points to demonstrate the value of your offering. There is an extensive list to choose from or you can define your own.
- Communications channels you are using or plan to use. There is an extensive list to choose from or you can define your own.
- Other pertinent details which you can select from a checklist, or include your own options.
- We will run you through a 2-hour online workshop to help you identify opportunities to differentiate your proposal, at an emotional level, using The Value Story Builder.
- The Value Story Builder provides a researched list of thirty-three issues people care deeply about. Issues where you can show why it’s not as simple as looking for the lowest price when considering a new business proposal.
- Use these issues as opportunities to show why your business is unique. Use these unique differences to address issues that your competitors may not have considered.
After the workshop
We have found that 2 hours is sufficient to meet our objectives of:
- Identifying key opportunities to communicate value.
- Running you through at least one complete example of how to turn that opportunity into a complete message.
- Knowing how to use The Value Story Builder to do this for the other identified opportunities in your own time.
This assumes that you have done some basic preparation before the workshop as highlighted above.
Should you wish to book further time with us, you are welcome to do so.
Access a tool to help your marketing messages align with this thinking
- This process will show you how The Value Story Builder tool can be used to enhance your Value Story.
- This can be used for prospective and existing clients.
- So you can improve your messaging on an ongoing basis.
- This means that even after the workshop, you will know how to develop messages that help to convert into sales.
What is the thinking behind The Value Story Builder?
- To show how doing business with your brand reduces various types of risk.
- So that you are adding more value relative to the price.
- So that you can justify your price or charge more.
- This means that you also get to create forms of value that cannot be compared elsewhere in terms of pricing.
These clues highlight your client’s concerns about a variety of perceived risks. Then you get to show your solutions to those concerns.
- These may be concerns that they are currently facing that you can address for them.
- They may also be concerns about doing business with your organization, your category, or your industry.
It takes the concern, which has an emotional basis around perceived loss.
- Then it helps you show how you lower that risk.
- It also helps you show the emotional and financial benefits of the solution you provide.
It does this all in a framework you can transfer to your brand’s communications. Even if it’s a new business proposal.
- So that the trail of clues you leave behind will create a positive emotional connection.
- So that you can elevate the perceived value of your brand.
View your results instantly once you are done
- Once you have submitted your input, you can view your thinking before exporting the data.
- This helps you identify where to do edits before you hit the Export button.
Export your results
- Export your result so you can view it and share it.
- Exports into CSV format that’s readable in a variety of spreadsheet apps.
- If you need to add in more information after exporting, you can easily do so as long as you still have access.
- We have worked on over 70 global and local B2C and B2B brands over a period of over 20 years.
- Clients have included Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries.
- Areas of expertise include communications strategy, brand strategy, research, and analytics.
- We have written strategies or have been consulted to understand how a client’s communications strategy might benefit from a change in direction to support a specific pricing strategy.
- This experience has been invaluable in terms of understanding what is likely to work.
- Equally importantly, it has helped us identify what is likely to fail.
How this works to your advantage
When consulting with them in the areas of brand development, sales development, and loyalty development, perceived value versus price was always an issue.
We had to find ways to show how our clients’ value-added solutions exceeded the price they were charging.
We researched the topic and combined it with our own experience to define 33 concerns that people typically have.
- These may be concerns that clients are currently facing where your solution can add value.
- Alternatively, they may be concerns clients have about doing business with your organization, your category, or your industry. In this case, you can show how you add value by managing these concerns.
Each of the 33 areas where you could build value includes 4 examples. That will help you get started to customize this for your own situation.
Then we take you through a process of a few questions for each value-building opportunity.
- Designed by a strategist, it assists you to think through how value is created in ways that matter to clients.
- There are also checklists included making this process faster and more comprehensive.
REQUIRES ACCESS TO THE VALUE STORY BUILDER
Will this do my entire job for me?
- No. You still need to customize your thinking for your specific situation.
- But, it does do a lot of the heavy lifting for you to make this customization process easier.
Is this approach realistic?
After developing communications strategies for over 20 years, we wish we could have had this tool at the outset to show how we could add value. Several insights were developed over this period:
- A good framework is essential to develop many ideas and do it faster.
- Most of our clients found it easy to customize for their situation. But they needed a practical process to work within areas where they lacked expertise.
There are over 120 examples to draw inspiration from. Each example was drawn from experience when consulting with our clients.
Is the list of concerns comprehensive?
- Much effort has gone into developing this list.
- Anything can be improved upon over time. But we are certain that this will give you ideas for many opportunities to show you can add value.
What do I do with the results once I have them?
- We are strong believers in executing on an idea.
- Until an idea is executed, it remains just that – an idea.
- To this end, we have created a framework containing the essentials we know you need to build a strong case.
- You can then export this information and either work with it yourself, or pass it onto the people in your team. We know that they would appreciate the information rather than spending hours trying to develop it.